PDA

View Full Version : kick down cable

littlone 61
02-25-2010, 08:38 PM
I was wanting to know if anyone knows the location of the kick down cable
on a 1993 land rover range rover lwb 4.2 v8?
i also would like to know if it will be difficult to remove to put a new one in?
my son cant even get his arm where he thinks it located cause he says he is
afraid he might lose the pin in the trany.
will the trany have to be removed?
we have done so much work basicly rebuilding the motor and changing it over to carburator
and now this.hope someone can offer some solid good advice.have a good evening.littlone 61

kevin-ct
02-25-2010, 08:54 PM
It's about a six hour job.

Remove the exhaust y-pipe, remove the frame x-member, remove the trans oil pan, remove the valve body inside of the trans.

On the topside, remove the kick down cable on the t-body, from the bottom remove the cable, install every thing back together.

adjust the cable.

I had to adjust the cable about five times to get the shifts correct.

Short and sweet.

Let me know if you need more details.

littlone 61
02-25-2010, 09:01 PM
thanks kevin was a big help now i just have to find a site to buy it from at hopefully a resonable price seen on for i believe 144.00 at rovers north but will have to look into that again.but thanks again if i need more help i know who i can talk to.Diane

kevin-ct
02-25-2010, 09:06 PM
thanks kevin was a big help now i just have to find a site to buy it from at hopefully a resonable price seen on for i believe 144.00 at rovers north but will have to look into that again.but thanks again if i need more help i know who i can talk to.Diane

you're welcome.

I think the cable are around $50.00 if I remember, don't hold me to it.

littlone 61
02-25-2010, 09:11 PM
thanks again kevin well im off to relax for a bit, hard day at work, working at the cafateria
in st.leo university.so much drama goes on with the employees and managers
just tuckers you out.have a good evening.Diane

TSR53
02-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Greetings,

Range Rover Classic kick down cable RTC4854, special order part, listed at $64.48. Available from stock in UK.
http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-12958-kickdown-cable-zf-auto.aspx