PDA

View Full Version : 1966 IIa 88'' 64,000 miles, soft top, strong running, plow, MEREDITH, NEW HAMPSHIRE

islandboy
03-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Second owner, starts and runs very well. Truck is on the road and running. Engine, transmission, clutch, steering, brakes, exhaust, arctic heater all working well. Canvas top included, but ripped - use as pattern. Comes with Fisher plow. 2010 NH registration. Issues: Typical frame rust - Galv. front and rear welded to original frame. Outriggers need replacing/welding. Gas tank has slow leak. Brake master cylinder has slow leak, but brakes work well! Exhaust manifold was patched many years ago, works well. Turn the key, push the starter and drive it home! Truck spent most of it's life at MIT in Cambridge MA. Detailed pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/2islandboy/LandRover1966IIa88# 207-571-8844

islandboy
03-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Well, I've got an offer for my Series:confused:. What do you guys think? The guy said he'll pay my asking price if I just send him $$$ for a ticket, so he can fly from India(not Indiana) to look it over. Best internet offer I've had yet. Much better than the R****** W***** that have answered my Craigslist ad for the Series!!

Seriously, I have a local offer for the Fisher plow and all its do-dads:thumb-up:. So I can take less money for the Series, minus plow. Any interest; any offers for the Series....I can't keep it, somebody will drive it away.

jac04
03-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Can you give us some idea of what you want for it?

Edit:
I guess it's $3500:
http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/1635095524.html

islandboy
03-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Sorry, I forgot to include the price. I'm asking $3500, or best offer, including the Fisher plow. Less if the local guy buys the plow.

I should have known the buyer in India was a fake!! How could he have known the price, if I've been keeping it a secret!! And I just sent him $1000 on PayPal for a plane ticket. Live and learn.

ivarra
03-11-2010, 11:46 AM
And I just sent him $1000 on PayPal for a plane ticket. Live and learn.

I hope you are kidding, and that this is just your dry sense of humor??

islandboy
03-14-2010, 03:08 PM
"3/14/2010 - Lower price, $2500 without the Fisher plow. I think I have a local buyer for the plow. Seems that this is a special LR(Fisher Suburban) plow with the hydraulics attached to the blade? Note that I have included photos with TOO MUCH detail. Perhaps not a smart move, since I see that most sellers do not show the rusty bits. I'm trying to be as honest as possible."
LISTING: Second owner, starts and runs very well. Truck is on the road and running. Engine, transmission, clutch, steering, brakes, exhaust, arctic heater all working well. Canvas top included, but ripped - use as pattern. Comes with Fisher plow, (maybe sold). 2010 NH registration. Honest Issues: Typical frame rust - Galv. front and rear welded to original frame. Outriggers need replacing/welding. Gas tank has slow leak. Brake master cylinder has slow leak, but brakes work well! Exhaust manifold was patched many years ago, works well. Turn the key, push the starter and drive it home! Truck spent most of it's life at MIT in Cambridge MA. Detailed pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/2islandb...over1966IIa88# (http://picasaweb.google.com/2islandboy/LandRover1966IIa88#) 207-571-8844

Terrys
03-15-2010, 07:37 AM
I had a Fisher Suburban back in the 70s and they are really the only suitable plow for a series truck. I see yours is a 4 way. I couldn't get one of them and had to settle for a 2 way, but it was only my driveway and my parents. When that 88 died, I got more for the plow than the truck. Back then, an old Landie wasn't anything special.

islandboy
03-26-2010, 06:34 PM
My Series IIa was sold today, including the plow. Imagine my surprise when the guy from India(remember I sent him $1000. for a plane ticket) got off the bus from Logan this afternoon, followed by his wife and two daughters. First time in America! He asked if I had known Jack Kerouac and was holding a very worn book which he said he had had since he was a child. The man offered me so many Rupees that I just handed him the keys, in they climbed and asked which way to Rt 66. NH Rt 66?? I pointed west! I was so shocked I forgot my antique plates on the Landy and just stood there for quite awhile. Vermonters - be on the watch for a IIa 88 with a colorful South India family- On The Road.....