PDA

View Full Version : Zenith carb needed

4flattires
03-09-2010, 01:55 PM
I am seeking to put an OE Zenith on my 69 SIIa. At the same time, I want to put the PCV on it and the two somewhat go hand in hand with the mounting.

Do you have one rattling around in your parts pile?

Thanks,

Jeff

Les Parker
03-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Only ones we have are "core" units . :(

A Weber 34ICH is a direct replacement, a good all round alternative.

2p

jac04
03-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Since our hosts don't have them, George at RDS has them listed:
http://www.roversdownsouth.com/series-engine.htm

4flattires
03-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Wow, new ones are a bit spendy..eh? I guess I am looking for a model 36IV then.

Does the Weber 34ICH allow for the PCV bracket to mount in the same place the Zenith does?

Thanks

Les Parker
03-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Yes, the carb base plate is the same on the Weber as on the Zenith.

As a note, the last boxed new Zenith's that we had in stock had some casting problems, particularly the base of the throttle body where the O ring seats. These were not correctly machined causing mixture and subsequent idling issues.

2p

ybt502r
03-11-2010, 10:50 PM
I had a Weber when I got my truck, switched to a new Zenith when I managed to find one in the spare parts bin of a vendor in the UK. I know they are supposed to be comparable, but the Zenith really ran my truck much better. However, the Zenith then warped after a long summer's drive to Canada (1500 miles), leading to all sorts of bad running issues. I rebuilt it and ground down the body halves - to remove the warp - but ultimate screwed my carb (literally) by having the mixture needle valve break off in the body - all my fault.

All this is leading to the point that I found a rebuilt/dewarped Zenith from British Pacific for $150. Put in a high altitude jet, bolted it to the truck, and it's been smooth running since. I wouldn't go back, and I do like the option to rejet if I bring the truck out of the mountains...though don't think that will happen.

McQ01
03-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Is the bellcrank for the Weber the same as the Zenith?