PDA

View Full Version : Stratton Hydro Equipment Lift

oldhaven
03-21-2010, 11:16 AM
I thought lovers of obscure Roverabilia might be interested in some pictures of this 3 point hitch for a Series vehicle. This must have involved a bit of modification to a SWB pickup, and I think now most would just get a tractor, but someone thought it was worth designing this.

For pictures of the hitch on a jeep check out farmjeep.com

ron

oldhaven
03-21-2010, 11:23 AM
shows cylinder arrangement to fit under the body. Must require a custom exhaust as the rear PTO driveline would take up the other side.

Ron

yank
03-22-2010, 03:32 PM
I thought lovers of obscure Roverabilia might be interested in some pictures of this 3 point hitch for a Series vehicle. This must have involved a bit of modification to a SWB pickup, and I think now most would just get a tractor, but someone thought it was worth designing this.

For pictures of the hitch on a jeep check out farmjeep.com

ron

Is this one yours?

oldhaven
03-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Yes, though these things seem to have no permanent owner, surviving on their own until they die through oxidation.

Ron

yank
03-23-2010, 06:17 AM
http://www.vintagead.com/catalog/store_images/pictures/lr5331.jpg

I have this poster in my garage. I have always thought it would be cool to drag a plow with my Rover. I'm not sure how long the axles would hold up.

Do you plan to install it?

oldhaven
03-24-2010, 05:11 PM
I had thought I was going to install it on an old IIA SWB, but at the time I could not find a suitable rear PTO and I would have had to take off a nice front Koenig with front PTO to run it, so the idea died and now I have a Kubota.