PDA

View Full Version : Kodiak Heater Controls

east high
03-21-2010, 08:36 PM
The blower control in my truck has two detents when you pull it out, presumably low and high. The low setting doesn't turn the blower on. Anyone know about these switches? Is it all in the switch, or is there somewhere to trouble shoot on the heater box?

LaneRover
03-21-2010, 10:09 PM
If I remember correctly the switch has 2 settings,1 full on and 1 partial. The problem is the 'partial on' just has a resistor that burns out which leaves both as 'full on'

Brent

east high
03-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Sounds about right except of two 'full ons' I have two 'full offs'. :D

scott
03-21-2010, 10:57 PM
mine has a fuse in it. maybe yours went

LaneRover
03-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Sounds about right except of two 'full ons' I have two 'full offs'. :D

My wife says I don't read all of her e-mails either. . . DOH!

east high
03-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Yup, mine has a fuse too. It's intact. There's a curious little spring in the back with a loose plastic or cardboard tube around it (possibly a resistor :confused:) that looks pretty crusty.

mine has a fuse in it. maybe yours went

Donnie
03-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Yup, mine has a fuse too. It's intact. There's a curious little spring in the back with a loose plastic or cardboard tube around it (possibly a resistor :confused:) that looks pretty crusty.
when powered up, connect a voltmeter to one end the other to earth. U should get a voltage close to batt volts at 1 end and a reduction with the meter connected at the other end....be careful, it is a resistor & and it will burn you.. These fail quite often.IMO
Donnie

east high
03-23-2010, 12:53 PM
So use a voltmeter on the spring to see if it's working or not?

when powered up, connect a voltmeter to one end the other to earth. U should get a voltage close to batt volts at 1 end and a reduction with the meter connected at the other end....be careful, it is a resistor & and it will burn you.. These fail quite often.IMO
Donnie