PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the Tilt they sell at Rovers North?

nicklediemme
03-22-2010, 11:19 PM
I going to purchase a Full Tilt canvas for my series 2a. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Top they sell on here is a good quality and if the brass pieces are solid or plated ?

The "British Land Rover Compnay" located near me is wanting $650 for a canvas top with side windows. I would love to support my local vendor but if he is selling the same Top for $200 plus more than I am going to have to buy from Rovers North.

Any opinions is much appreciated.

Regards

Jim-ME
03-23-2010, 04:32 AM
I have one and it is of good quality. The brass bits are solid not plated. My only complaint is that I wish the the side panel on the drivers side had been sewn about 1/2" further forward ans it never really fits tightly into the piece behind the door top. The other side is fine. I would buy another one.
Jim

jac04
03-23-2010, 07:58 AM
I bought the same Exmoor canvas top that RN sells from British Pacific. It was about $150 less than RN, even with shipping from CA to the east coast. Check with BP.

Les Parker
03-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Hello there,

Give me a call and let me know the exact canvas you are in need of and lets see if we can work something out.:)

Markl
03-23-2010, 12:28 PM
No way is it the same top. I wish we could make $150.00. Maybe we should offer a cheap canvas? We switched to the Exmoor deep weave canvas for quality, maybe its too much. This is good feed back. I appreciate it. m

jac04
03-23-2010, 01:41 PM
No way is it the same top.
It sure was!
This was back before your switch to the deep weave. Your top was more expensive and you wanted more to ship from VT to CT than BP charged to ship from CA to CT.

amcordo
03-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Yo! Just gonna weigh in... nice that you have the high-end stuff. However, it would be nice if there was an economy version too. I would love to have a canvas top for my 109, but I just can't justify it for $500... I would be more willing for $200, since I know that canvas wears out eventually when it's outdoors 24/7/365 like mine would be. Maybe unrealistic though... :)

bmohan55
03-23-2010, 03:24 PM
...but wouldn't that mess up your lovely passengers' hair?

nicklediemme
03-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the input...BP is asking about the same as LRN now for their tops. Now I am curious , I want to go and see which manufacture BLR is selling for $200 more than everyone else. The person I talked with on the phone could not tell me the manufacturer of the Top, just that it is of good quality and not like the junk that is available out there. That being said....I have only seen 2 manufactures of mass produced Tilts advertised on the net.

I did see one more custom top maker advertise his at $2200. Those are obviously not for me......he has a 4-6 week wait also. Probably for the top to show up from China by sea...hahaha.

Regards

Andrew IIA
03-23-2010, 07:55 PM
No way is it the same top. I wish we could make $150.00. Maybe we should offer a cheap canvas? We switched to the Exmoor deep weave canvas for quality, maybe its too much. This is good feed back. I appreciate it. m
This is my favorite post so far this year ! Say what you mean :thumb-up:

I like the Exmoor stuff.

ArlowCT
03-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Few years or so I bought a cheaper top from RN, must have stopped selling it. I have never been happy with how it fit, have even spent over $150 to have a upholstery shop fix it. Still not happy, makes me really wish I had just bought a Exmoor top. It's more than worth the money.