PDA

View Full Version : Softtop and rollcage for 1980's D90

jchamberlain
03-23-2010, 09:54 PM
I am looking at purchasing a mid 80's D90. I specifically have been looking for one with a galvanized frame and 200/300TDI engine. I also would like it to be a softtop with a rollcage, but I never see those. Are there kits that can be purchased to add a full rollcage and a softtop that will go over it? Ideally I would like to be able to switch back and forth from the original hardtop to the softtop had have them both go over the cage. I had this type of setup in an old fj40 years back and it was really nice.

Thoughts?

James

hillstrubl
03-27-2010, 03:43 PM
In case you haven't actually found a D90 yet, check out roversouteast.com, Aaron has quite a few D90 imports. I'm picking mine up from him 4/17.

Also, If you come across the cage I'd be interested in 1 too.

gambrinus
04-03-2010, 10:04 PM
You can get a military roll cage from several sources, I'm sure that our hosts here at Rovers North could either supply you with one, or point you towards some folks that have one sitting on a shelf. The soft top would depend on what you're looking for... Military Style? Civilian Style like the NAS D90s???? Again, RN can either set you up, or point you in the right direction.

RW

daveb
04-05-2010, 03:05 PM
I have a safety devices setup FS that will fit inside either a softop or hardtop

PM through this board

thx
dave

I am looking at purchasing a mid 80's D90. I specifically have been looking for one with a galvanized frame and 200/300TDI engine. I also would like it to be a softtop with a rollcage, but I never see those. Are there kits that can be purchased to add a full rollcage and a softtop that will go over it? Ideally I would like to be able to switch back and forth from the original hardtop to the softtop had have them both go over the cage. I had this type of setup in an old fj40 years back and it was really nice.

Thoughts?

James