PDA

View Full Version : Heater distribution box dimensions - or parts

4flattires
03-25-2010, 10:07 AM
The lower dash distribution box (SIIa) has been hacked in half by a PO to facilitate a former CB mount and I want to put it back.....but it is missing.

Since our hosts advised this is NLA, and the one price quote I have received makes me think I should just fab this up with my neophyte welding/bending/backyard engineering sheet metal skills.

Does anyone have the underdash (shin level) distribution box for a Smiths heater removed and available for pictures and dimensions? Or..available for sale for a (gasp) nominal sum? PM's are acceptable.

I'm in no rush to get the heater running and spewing forth gobs of volcanic heated air since we are headed into summer here in Phoenix.

Thanks!

amcordo
03-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Good timing. I'm ripping my bulkhead off (as you can see in the what I did to my rover post). I'll have that part visible this weekend and can take some pics and measurements for you if no one else has one laying around. THAT IS if my bulkhead is a IIA bulkhead or even has the part you're referring to. There's so many random parts on this thing from Defenders, III, and IIA that I never know which is which until I have to order it.

The lower dash distribution box (SIIa) has been hacked in half by a PO to facilitate a former CB mount and I want to put it back.....but it is missing.

Since our hosts advised this is NLA, and the one price quote I have received makes me think I should just fab this up with my neophyte welding/bending/backyard engineering sheet metal skills.

Does anyone have the underdash (shin level) distribution box for a Smiths heater removed and available for pictures and dimensions? Or..available for sale for a (gasp) nominal sum? PM's are acceptable.

I'm in no rush to get the heater running and spewing forth gobs of volcanic heated air since we are headed into summer here in Phoenix.

Thanks!

greenmeanie
03-25-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm on the far side of town and have the one off my late IIA sitting on the bench right now. Let me know what you want but be quick because I'm taking my grinder to it in the next week or so.

4flattires
03-25-2010, 11:57 AM
I'll fire up the Harley and take a cruise your way. PM sent. (edit)....your PM box is full.

j.hines1@cox(dot)net

Thanks,

Jeff

ivarra
03-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Actually, I need one too ... well really just the director plate that is attached to the little lever shown in the attached picture. Easy enough to make, but if you have that part, or the whole distibution box let me know.

Ivar

Jim-ME
03-25-2010, 01:05 PM
I have a Kodiak M4 distribution box with core that I was told was good. I do know it needs several of the bolts that holds it up to the footbox replaced. If anyone is interested PM me.
Jim