PDA

View Full Version : Need Headlight and Interior light switches

chester rides again
03-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Searched the site but couldn't find this posted before...

My headlight switch is failing. I've cleaned it but it's not working properly. The side light stay on at the middle position, but the headlights go off when the switch is fully down. I end up having to hold the switch up slightly to get them to work. Kind of a pain in the butt when I'm driving, shifting, talking on the cell phone, writing things down and drinking... LOL

Anyway, is there a NAPA switch that would work? Don't have a problem paying the $16 for this switch from our hosts, but (read on)...

I do have a problem paying $114 for a switch for the interior lights.:mad: This switch is also not working so it needs to be replaced.

I've tried cleaning off the contacts on both switches, but the issue is within the switch. I'd rather find a replacement than to struggle with attempting to take the switches apart.

I'm sure someone has had to replace these switches - any input would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

greenmeanie
03-25-2010, 04:20 PM
There is nothing special about feeding power to the instrument lights or the interior lights. They are both low amp draws. How about using two RTC430 single throw switches. They are single throw so you will need one for each function. Just pull the plastic plug from one of the spare switch mounts in your dash panel, move the wires and you are done. You may need to add a jumper for the hot feed to the second switch. These switches should be <$10 ea.

Les Parker
03-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Or use RNE805 Switch from our hosts for a late IIa for $36.07.