PDA

View Full Version : defender 90 project with a 300tdi included.

draaronr
04-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Land Rover Defender 90 Project with 300 tdi Turbo diesel engine.

this is the ultimate summer project. Its time to build the truck you always wanted.

This is a 1984 land rover defender 90 project truck. It was originally a 2.5td with an lt77 transmission and an lt 230 transfer case. I have removed the lt 230, the transmission and the engine. I removed the dash on the inside with the plans to convert it to lhd. I sourced a 300tdi with 73k miles on it for the conversion includes the turbo, alternator and pumps. I have an LT-230 transfer case, the only thing missing is the labor and the transmission. I have random interior pieces available. What the vehicle has is a good bulkhead, fairly rust free frame, complete top. I do have the dash and it is included in the sale. I also can throw in a Discovery LHD front axle if you want to continue the conversion. The rest of the drivetrain is intact. This is a great starter project that you could build up into a great defender 90 with a little time and money. Most parts that are needed to complete the vehicle would cost under a thousand, the rest is labor. Vehicle comes with a clean NC title as well. See more pics below at

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff251/draaronr/84defender90project/
email me because I don't check pms very often.
draaronr@aol.com

draaronr
04-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Land Rover Defender 90 Project with 300 tdi Turbo diesel engine.

this is the ultimate summer project. Its time to build the truck you always wanted.

This is a 1984 land rover defender 90 project truck. It was originally a 2.5td with an lt77 transmission and an lt 230 transfer case. I have removed the lt 230, the transmission and the engine. I removed the dash on the inside with the plans to convert it to lhd. I sourced a 300tdi with 73k miles on it for the conversion includes the turbo, alternator and pumps. I have an LT-230 transfer case, the only thing missing is the labor and the transmission. I have random interior pieces available. What the vehicle has is a good bulkhead, fairly rust free frame, complete top. I do have the dash and it is included in the sale. I also can throw in a Discovery LHD front axle if you want to continue the conversion. The rest of the drivetrain is intact. This is a great starter project that you could build up into a great defender 90 with a little time and money. Most parts that are needed to complete the vehicle would cost under a thousand, the rest is labor. Vehicle comes with a clean NC title as well. See more pics below at

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff251/draaronr/84defender90project/
email me because I don't check pms very often.
draaronr@aol.com

forgot the price asking 4900 for it.

CliftonRover
04-05-2010, 11:59 AM
That looks like a good deal, where are you out of?

draaronr
04-05-2010, 02:28 PM
wilmington nc

draaronr
04-14-2010, 06:13 AM
i have another available as well.

WilsonD191
05-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Hi, your ad says that you have other defender models available. I myself am looking for a start up project like the one you have up for sale, but I am looking for a non-running one; just the shell and frame. If you have one of this standard or know of one that is for sale, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dan