PDA

View Full Version : Fuel line length

Wander
04-08-2010, 08:27 AM
I'm going to replace my pipes with a fuel hose line since there are some bad bends in the copper and it's kind of a mess. The PO re-routed the line to the D/S (LHD) of the engine when he pulled the manual pump for an e-pump. In the process he botched it up.
To save me some time of measuring/guessing how much line do I need to get? I am planning to go back to the old route along the P/S of the engine, up over the top and back to the carb. What size hose works best as well?

SeriesShorty
04-10-2010, 11:22 PM
I used 5/16 for my line. I left a short section of the original hard plastic line coming off of the fuel tank and the 5/16 line fit over that nicely. I can't tell ya how much to use since I have dual tanks and needed more than most folks would. You'll just have to figure out how you want to run the line then guess-timate from there and add a couple feet for safe measure. It's good and cheap so the extra amount won't hurt the wallet.

Wander
04-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Thanks, did you use the 90 degree elbows for the turns along the line or just flex the hose?

SeriesShorty
04-11-2010, 10:09 PM
I just flexed mine for now. I'll probably end up rerouting and snugging things up as I finish putting everything back together. But it doesn't appear that I will need to use elbows anywhere with the way I'm routing.

Just check for kinks as you lay your line to see if your particular route is going to cause problems.