PDA

View Full Version : B-Fast in Petersham Article

JackIIA
04-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Enjoyed the read. Anyone know what color Don Flye's beautiful Series I is? It looks different than marine blue to me. Wondering if the series I had a different 'blue' or if it's just the photo. Pasted below for reference.

Jack

TSR53
04-13-2010, 08:55 AM
Photos are supplied to us in always the most different fashion, of course right? Some are old school prints, others low res 72dpi digital and some, excellent with EXIF data, tags and full descriptions. Compressing for the web, some of the colors and get "lost in translation" to optimize download speeds.

Here is a crop of the original supplied photo (I think it was a scanned from a print) to help illustrate the color better. I didn't compress this jpg so it only will have lost a very little tick when adjusting the mode from CMYK to RGB.

Carry on paint color discussion...
http://www.roversnorth.com/news/photos/2010/04/breakfast-in-petersham1-close-up.jpg

NelsAnderson
04-13-2010, 10:04 AM
More photos can be found here:

http://www.metaldashweekend.com/

JackIIA
04-13-2010, 11:43 AM
hey thompson, i think you do great work for the record. the internet is a thankless place (and very hard to keep clean!).

nels, thanks for the link.

utahseries
04-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Looks to me like it's RAF Blue? It was one of the color options for the 86" Station Wagon.

Terrys
04-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Photos are supplied to us in always the most different fashion, of course right? Some are old school prints, others low res 72dpi digital and some, excellent with EXIF data, tags and full descriptions. Compressing for the web, some of the colors and get "lost in translation" to optimize download speeds.

Here is a crop of the original supplied photo (I think it was a scanned from a print) to help illustrate the color better. I didn't compress this jpg so it only will have lost a very little tick when adjusting the mode from CMYK to RGB.

yeah, what he said.

Jim-ME
04-13-2010, 03:04 PM
No matter if you see a picture or see it in person it is one beautiful rig.
Jim
PS I've been fortunate to see it person.

JackIIA
04-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Yes, I learned it is indeed RAF Blue. Thanks Utah.

No doubt Jim. I'd love to have it.