PDA

View Full Version : Hazard switch / Flasher light Wiring Question ??

mrdoiron
04-17-2010, 10:42 PM
I have what should be a simple question regarding the connection of the Hazard switch & associated dash Flasher light - looking for a shortcut to save me from wasting alot of trial & error hopefully....

I have a good shape dash panel, with a working Hazard switch installed today on my 69 IIa - with 2 small problems :
1. The current Dash hazard switch is a simple stainless replacement / aftermarket one (not the one in the pic enclosed, but the one I have installed today), and I want to install an original type switch instead.
2. I currently have no red hazard light connected & a hole in the black dash panel mounting plate today...

Sooo, I found online an Original 1970 Land Rover Series IIA Black Hazard Panel - which has both the orig switch type, plus the hazard light.
I have picture here of the one I found online.

Two questions I hope someone more electrically inclined can help with :

A. Does anyone know how to wire the switch and the flasher light correctly, and
B. This one is more of a stretch, but as I am always leaving the turn indicator one (since it doesn't shut off automatically), I am wondering if there is a simple way to wire into the same hazard light a connection to have it flash the dash red light when the turn indicator is left on - as a visual reminder for a caveman like me to turn off the turn indicator so as to not look like my grandmother coming back from church....

Appreciate any help...

crankin
04-19-2010, 08:45 AM
Question "B" should be fairly easily. You could solder your wire and form and "Y" shape. Take the two top ends of your "Y" and tap into your flasher wires. One end goes to the right flasher, one end goes to the left flasher...

Now with your remaining one wire...run it to your hazard light (or anything else you want to alert you that its still flashing...ex. headlights, dash panel lights, even your horn).