PDA

View Full Version : Carb rebuilds

utahseries
04-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Who does everyone recommend to rebuild their carbs? Solex and Zenith? Most of this is just curiosity FYI

siii8873
04-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Rebuilding a carb is not terribly difficult to do yourself. Essentially removing old parts and replacing them with new parts. With the zenith i would include lapping the faces or the cases where they split. I used a piece of float glass and some 600 grit sand paper to do mine. It got rid of the Zenith warp that mine had. The bulletin on zeniths at the top of this forum is also good for setting them up after the rebuild.

Donnie
04-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Rebuilding a carb is not terribly difficult to do yourself. Essentially removing old parts and replacing them with new parts. With the zenith i would include lapping the faces or the cases where they split. I used a piece of float glass and some 600 grit sand paper to do mine. It got rid of the Zenith warp that mine had. The bulletin on zeniths at the top of this forum is also good for setting them up after the rebuild.
If U don't want to do it youtself.........................Joe Curto

xsbowes
04-20-2010, 04:48 PM
With the zenith i would include lapping the faces or the cases where they split. I used a piece of float glass and some 600 grit sand paper to do mine. It got rid of the Zenith warp that mine had.

I also found the zenith quite easy to rebuild. Use a sharpee and color in the faces when you go to sand as above. once the color is gone you should be good to go on the surfaces.