PDA

View Full Version : MAGIC!!!!

bear7343
04-25-2010, 07:22 PM
I have a '73 Series III 88" that I bought off a family friend when I was 13 (Seventeen Years Ago!!). I put a new frame under it and had it running by the time I was 16 and drove it for a couple of years. Then went to college in AL & MS (I grew up in VA) and left the truck at my parents. As one would expect the truck hated sitting and I liked beer and women alot so didn't work on the truck when I would visit. Then joined the Army and was "busy" for four years and spent three years after with beer and women. Just decided a month ago to get her working and low and behold... she works again... New ignition system, new clutch, bled the brakes. She now goes forward and back, shifts gears and stops... I think asking anything else of an old rover would be foolish.. at any rate, she works.....MAGIC!!!!:D

PS - Top comes off next weekend.:thumb-up:

graniterover
04-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Not real without pics. ;-)

I have a '73 Series III 88" that I bought off a family friend when I was 13 (Seventeen Years Ago!!). I put a new frame under it and had it running by the time I was 16 and drove it for a couple of years. Then went to college in AL & MS (I grew up in VA) and left the truck at my parents. As one would expect the truck hated sitting and I liked beer and women alot so didn't work on the truck when I would visit. Then joined the Army and was "busy" for four years and spent three years after with beer and women. Just decided a month ago to get her working and low and behold... she works again... New ignition system, new clutch, bled the brakes. She now goes forward and back, shifts gears and stops... I think asking anything else of an old rover would be foolish.. at any rate, she works.....MAGIC!!!!:D

PS - Top comes off next weekend.:thumb-up:

Wander
04-26-2010, 07:45 AM
There will be a day when she'll llet her feelings known about your messing about with other women for those years....when you least expect it.

I'd suggest buying her something nice-like new seats or new belts and hoses quick!

4flattires
04-26-2010, 08:18 AM
She now goes forward and back, shifts gears and stops...

Are you referencing women in general or Rovers?

Top comes off next weekend.

Ahhh....yes, the joy of newly found love.

Were taking Rovers here right? :rolleyes:

Wander
04-26-2010, 10:05 AM
This thread might need a PG-13 rating!

The main difference in the top coming off a Rover vs a girl is you have to apply booze to the person doing the work on the Rover:D