PDA

View Full Version : Proper disposal of fluids

Nium
05-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Wondering where others are taking used anti-freeze and brake fluid to properly dispose of it. Doing a bit of spring cleaning and am having a bit of a time at trying to figure out what to do with this old stuff :confused:.

Cheers

scott
05-01-2010, 11:19 PM
in albuquerque the ziplubes will take it, but that would be about a 6 day drive for you

JackIIA
05-01-2010, 11:20 PM
The dump in a nearby town has a toxic waste day. I bring alot of this stuff to those events, and it's free. If you have a recycling center at your town dump, you might try them. If no luck, I'd expect a local shop will take it for you for a small fee, they've got their own to take care of, and the days of dumping it out back are hopefully long gone. :nono:

kevin-ct
05-02-2010, 06:08 AM
I take my oil to Auto Zone and I take my coolant to the junk yard

morgant
05-03-2010, 03:09 PM
The dump in a nearby town has a toxic waste day. I bring alot of this stuff to those events, and it's free. If you have a recycling center at your town dump, you might try them.

I second the dump/recycling center route. My county recycling service (http://www.cswd.net/) has a dedicated hazardous waste center and other towns around me do a free hazmat recycling day. I'm very fortunate that my hazmat center is free year-round because I'm a county resident.