PDA

View Full Version : Replacement part or ideas

crankin
05-03-2010, 10:39 AM
I am switching over to a liftgate and I am looking for the Upper hinge brackets. It appears that the RH one is no longer made (P#: RNB843/ LR#334068). Does anyone know of any laying around, recreated something that works, workarounds, etc..?

Also, how do these hinges attach to the roof itself? I can see that it looks like the two holes are pop riveted into the door frame opeing. But what about the top part?

Thanks.

Jim-ME
05-03-2010, 01:19 PM
I have a set of the brackets for sale. Send me a PM if interested.
Jim

cgalpin
05-11-2010, 08:01 PM
The top is pop riveted too. If you need a picture I can take one of mine. I also have a set of these brackets if needed.

crankin
05-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Do you mine taking a pic? That would be great!

cgalpin
05-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Certainly. I took a picture of each side (sorry the second is a bit blurry) and one shot from the outside showing the top rivets.

crankin
05-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Certainly. I took a picture of each side (sorry the second is a bit blurry) and one shot from the outside showing the top rivets.

I am just excited to use the rivet gun again! Was this from factory or did you add this on later?

The only reason why I ask is that I noticed the rest of the rivets are painted. I think that its wild the order that land rover assembled these things.

cgalpin
05-12-2010, 08:12 AM
I wondered the same thing. My truck is new to me so I honestly have no idea. I keep forgetting to do it, but I plan to get a heritage certificate which might answer questions like this (if it came with a liftgate or not).

It might just be that they made the base roofs and painted them, then added things like these brackets if the vehicle had a liftgate instead of a SW rear door for example but I am not sure.

Anyway, I hope the pictures helped.

http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/shop/heritage-certificates/technical-specification-packages/heritage-certificate-technical-specification-package-/index.html