PDA

View Full Version : Need IIA brake master cylinder resevouir cap

KSMTAW
05-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Hello,

I need a cap for my master cylinder reservoir on my 1965 IIA 88. They are no longer available from Rovers North.

Does anyone have a cap they can let go cheap or know of a viable replacement?

It does not have to be pretty.

Thanks-
ksmtaw@surfglobal.net

leafsprung
05-05-2010, 03:38 PM
saran wrap and a rubber band

JackIIA
05-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Todd,

If no one can come up with a cap for you, you might try what travis did. he took a pvc steel glue cannister and converted it to a resevoir. sounds weird, but it looked good and i'm sure he could give you an update on it. i just did a search looking for the original thread, but no luck.

great shot of your ride.

Jack

NickDawson
05-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Oddly enough, I may have one. I'll take a picture at what I've got tomorrow and post it.

badvibes
05-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Todd-

Is this the cap you need? If Nick doesn't have one IM me and I can help you out.

Jeff

http://i39.tinypic.com/2lvg4zk.jpg

KSMTAW
05-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Yes- that is the style cap I am looking for. If you can part with one that would be very helpful.--PM me or email me to work out the deal.

Thank you very mcuh!

KSMTAW
05-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the idea of manufacturing a new reservoir. It may come to that. If I can't get my hands on a decent used cap I will try to get creative but still looking to get my hands on a cap only.

Thank You.

NickDawson
05-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Yes- that is the style cap I am looking for. If you can part with one that would be very helpful.--PM me or email me to work out the deal.

Thank you very mcuh!

In that case, that is not what I have. Sorry to get the hopes up :(

KSMTAW
05-07-2010, 09:15 AM
In that case, that is not what I have. Sorry to get the hopes up :(
Thanks ayway Nick. I appreciate you looking.

I hope someone else has one.

LaneRover
05-07-2010, 03:26 PM
If you are not worried about originality I would check caps from more modern 'reservoirs' and even from other types of jugs and bottles.

If you would like it to look original then either find something that fits for now or use the suggested rubber band and saran wrap until you find the right one!

Brent

Sputnicker
05-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Those caps are the same as a Triumph TR-3A (among other cars) and I found one at Little British Car Company www.lbcarco.com. I think it is part number 596-210. They also have dual reservoirs, which I believe are the same as the early Land Rover except one of the fittings may be located differently, which would require re-routing one of the pipes to one of the masters.

thixon
05-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Sorry I didn't chime in on this one earlier. Been traveling to China again...hooray (sarcasm intended).

That cap can be found on any one of a bazillion brit cars from the fifties and sixties. I only made the can I made because I was impatient, and bored:).

Start checking with the triumph/mg/heaely/jag/you get the picture/ guys and you'll find one fast enough, that is if it doesn't work out here.

If you know anyone in your town that has brit cars other than rovers, ask them who in town has a bunch of part lying around.

KSMTAW
05-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the info Thixon.

cgalpin
05-11-2010, 07:56 PM
If yours is plastic and it's cracked, you can "weld" it with a soldering iron.

Tsmith
05-12-2010, 01:27 PM
I'd be surprised to find this doesn't fit:

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29145