PDA

View Full Version : Headliner Bows

crankin
05-07-2010, 01:08 PM
I have contacted Badger a few months ago about a set of bows for the front section...but he is unsure if he has any...

So, I am thinking that I will try to make some on my own. Does anyone have a picture of the bows for the fronts section of the headliner? I have and 88...but i guess a 109 will work.

83lee
05-08-2010, 08:43 AM
I think I've got the whole set, but I'll have to look. These are two or three pieces, 1 inch wide by 5 feet long, springy steel, right?

I pulled the old headliner out of mine when I bought it. Smelled like mouse piss.

crankin
05-08-2010, 10:13 AM
The PO ripped the front part off of mine. I have never seen the front assembly…so, I am not sure what it looks like. My rear liner smelt like rat piss as well. I had to convince the old lady that the smell would go away….

crankin
05-09-2010, 07:11 AM
Just to clarify this is what I meant by "bows". This is my rear ones. The PO trashed the front ones. I just need to know what the front looks like...

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_dcAzqvv_A6U/SrGpKypEo5I/AAAAAAAAAjg/8Q3gVgGgk28/s640/DSC04093.JPG

kevkon
05-09-2010, 08:04 AM
The front looks like the middle and rear hoops and is attached to the windscreen with brackets. It's all the same stock, just different lengths and profiles. I had to alter mine because I added rigid insulation to the roof. You could use flat stock for the front since it's attached ( supported) at multiple points. The problem is that you need anther middle hoop. The system is essentially a front and a rear which are independant.

83lee
05-13-2010, 08:29 AM
I found mine. (sorry about the long delay)

I've got the three bows, but one of them is riveted to a fourth, narrower bow with side pieces. And then I have two larger flat pieces that go over the back windows. Fairly certain it's complete, but don't recall exactly how it works.

Let me know what you need. Want me to measure it, or send it, or what?

crankin
05-13-2010, 08:38 AM
I found mine. (sorry about the long delay)

I've got the three bows, but one of them is riveted to a fourth, narrower bow with side pieces. And then I have two larger flat pieces that go over the back windows. Fairly certain it's complete, but don't recall exactly how it works.

Let me know what you need. Want me to measure it, or send it, or what?

If you could snap a picture of it....that would get my creative juices flowing some. THANKS!

I think I have an idea of how to do the front section...but i can't wrap my head around the very front part and how it makes the small slop to the windscreen.