PDA

View Full Version : Seats

kevkon
05-12-2010, 01:35 PM
I keep going back and forth on the choice between the Exmoor Trakkers extreme high back seats and the Bestop Trailmax II seats for my SIII. Any feedback or suggestions would be highly appreciated. I assume the Exmoor is a drop in replacement ? Feel free to add other makes.

greenmeanie
05-12-2010, 01:50 PM
I've got the trailmax pro seats in my 88. I made a very simple mount using some 3/4" square tube and some steel sheet on top of the LR sliding seat rails to adapt the Land rover bolt pattern to the Jeep pattern. The benefit of this is that it lifts the rear of the seat up over the flange at the rear of the seat box giving you an extra 1.5-2" of rearward movement with asociated increase in leg room. It makes the truck much more comfortable. I like my Bestops.

ccmohan
05-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Hello - sorry to Hijack but I've got the same Trailmax seats - I jerry rigged a temp mount but would like to do the same as you described - could you post up some pictures??

thanks
chris

redmondrover
05-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Kevkon--I have been considering Exmoor Trakkers as well but I am having a real hard time accepting the delivered price at today's exchange rates. We have a 109 5 door so I would be ordering 5 seats and 4 seat warmers. Even with the basic black vinyl seats, I think it would be around US$1500 delivered to my house.

My current plan is to use Porsche 914 seats instead. I have leads on a few pair but don't have any in hand yet. I think the thickness of the seat bottom with the slider will be equal to the deluxe rover seats we currently have (so no tight squeeze under the steering wheel) and, if the porsche sliders will fit they come with a tilt feature that might be nice to have. they are high back seats with integrated head rests. Also, I think it would be pretty simple to install seat heaters in them. Finally, FWIW, they are period appropriate (mid 1970s) and come in black vinyl which will match the rest of the 109. That's my plan and (unless the dollar surges against the pound), I am sticking to it.

TJR
05-12-2010, 07:32 PM
I keep going back and forth on the choice between the Exmoor Trakkers extreme high back seats and the Bestop Trailmax II seats for my SIII. Any feedback or suggestions would be highly appreciated. I assume the Exmoor is a drop in replacement ? Feel free to add other makes.

Does RN carry these? "Exmoor Trakkers extreme high back seats"

kevkon
05-13-2010, 07:46 AM
Yes, look under seats second page.
I was wondering how the quality compares.

Les Parker
05-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Hello there,

Here's the link to the Hi-back seats :-

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-16574-trakkers-extreme-hi-back-seat-assembly-black-vinyl.aspx

:thumb-up: