PDA

View Full Version : Repairing '97 D90 ST Vinyl Seat

Ripe
05-17-2010, 06:07 PM
I have a couple of small cracks in the corner of one of my vinyl seat covers on the base portion of the seat. The other seat and seat backs all look great. I'd like to get it fixed, but it appears my only option is to order a whole new seat bottom ($165 + shipping) from Rovers North with the orignal Exmoor NAS vinyl cover.

Anyone find another option to fix this problem?

Thanks.

gambrinus
05-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Duct Tape is fairly cheap, and if you go to a larger hardware store it's available in a variety of colors.

It's a truck.

Get it dirty.

;)

RW

solihull109
05-18-2010, 07:46 PM
I have a couple of small cracks in the corner of one of my vinyl seat covers on the base portion of the seat. The other seat and seat backs all look great. I'd like to get it fixed, but it appears my only option is to order a whole new seat bottom ($165 + shipping) from Rovers North with the orignal Exmoor NAS vinyl cover.

Anyone find another option to fix this problem?

Thanks.

After repairing several, probably a dozen by now, take my advice and pony up the $ for the new base cover.
If you try to remove your old cover for repair you'll see 4 little black pins(two on each side)around the back and a long rubber strip around the front. These all come out with relative ease. The bugger is the rope/cord that fits into two of the same holes as the black pins. Almost 9.9 times out of ten this cord is dry and weak, so it breaks. Then you're S.O.L. So, you'll save yourself time and aggravation if you go with new. Good Luck!:thumb-up: