PDA

View Full Version : Zenith linkage questions

PavementEnds
05-24-2010, 11:55 AM
I have recently rebuilt the original Zenith 36IV-E (emissions model) carb from my 1973 Series III SWB but have a question about the linkage. I think most of it is here, but the right angle arm (#1 arrow in first picture, little red Sharpie behind it) has me puzzled. Is this for the vacuum assembly? (This assembly is missing from my carb.) Its grooved tip looks like a spring once went there. Can I just remove it? Second question is about the throttle controlled vacuum switch (second picture), with the throttle cam that operates the switch (arrow #2) shown in the first picture (also arrow #2). It looks like the throttle controlled vacuum switch is missing a cap over the small return spring (position indicated at the tip of the mechanical pencil). Anyone know what this should look like? The switch seems ok and I am wondering if it is this worth my time in trying to get this assembly to work? I've read different opinions about this "retarded ignition" system. Advice appreciated!

PavementEnds
06-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Please excuse the self bump but just wondering if anyone has an answer for me on these questions? Many thanks in advance!