X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike375
    Low Range
    • Oct 2009

Singapore Defenders Anyone?

This is not spam(at least not from me) - I have posted here before. Just saw this ad on land rover exchange. Anyone else seen this? Does it sound like a scam? Sounds too good to be true - but for $3,400 what could go wrong???(famous last words) only problem is they are selling them in lots of 10....are there 9 other suckers out there??? count me in!

Advertisement to SELL; Product: 1985 OTHER LAND ROVER ; Price: 3400; (Currency: US Dollars);
    Land Rover FFR 110 Military Vehicles
    We are selling Land Rover FFR 110 Military vehicles. These are USED vehicles. Stock in Singapore. Right Hand Drive, Manual, 2.5L DIESEL engine. These were used by the Singapore Army and were bought in the 1980s. All vehicles in working condition, ie we have test start these cars. Vehicles will be sold as it is basis. Need to service vehicles as they have been laid up for a while. Price Ex-works Singapore. Selling in BULK of 10 vehicles. We are also offering Land Rover 110 car parts like engine, axle front and rear, Tyre with rims. Email for more details and pictures if interested. Shipping will be on buyers account, We will assist with shipping estimate,just let us know which port you need the vehicles to be shipped.
    Wilfred P SINGAPORE.
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapore - 15 May 2010
  • badvibes
    3rd Gear
    • Mar 2007

Did you even look at your post? We're supposed to read that???
    1964 Series 2A SW, LHD mostly stock, often runs!

1991 Range Rover Hunter

Comment

• SafeAirOne
      Overdrive
      • Apr 2008

I'll save everyone the arduous task of highlighting the yellow text with their cursor:

Originally posted by mike375

Advertisement to SELL; Product: 1985 OTHER LAND ROVER ; Price: 3400; (Currency: US Dollars);
      Land Rover FFR 110 Military Vehicles
      We are selling Land Rover FFR 110 Military vehicles. These are USED vehicles. Stock in Singapore. Right Hand Drive, Manual, 2.5L DIESEL engine. These were used by the Singapore Army and were bought in the 1980s. All vehicles in working condition, ie we have test start these cars. Vehicles will be sold as it is basis. Need to service vehicles as they have been laid up for a while. Price Ex-works Singapore. Selling in BULK of 10 vehicles. We are also offering Land Rover 110 car parts like engine, axle front and rear, Tyre with rims. Email for more details and pictures if interested. Shipping will be on buyers account, We will assist with shipping estimate,just let us know which port you need the vehicles to be shipped.
      Wilfred P SINGAPORE.
      Singapore, Singapore, Singapore - 15 May 2010
      --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
      (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Comment

• bkreutz
        4th Gear
        • Apr 2010

Wilfred P Singapore from Singapore??? Wonder if this guy has relatives that send out emails from Africa?
        Gale Breitkreutz
        '03 Disco
        '74 Series III 88 (sold, 4/13)
        '47 CJ2A

Comment

• 4flattires
          4th Gear
          • Aug 2007

Here's a link with a pic.

Do some research on the company if you are interested in pursuing. You can always call the phone number listed for Mr Wilfred. Click on his name and email him.

64 SIIa 109 all stock
          69 SIIa 88 all stock
          Old tractors
          New Harleys
          Old trucks

Comment

• crankin
            5th Gear
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by 4flattires
            Here's a link with a pic.

Do some research on the company if you are interested in pursuing. You can always call the phone number listed for Mr Wilfred. Click on his name and email him.

http://www.ecplaza.net/tradeleads/se...tary.html#none
            So, I looked up the company's website..."We trade worldwide in Sugar & Metal scrap like HMS, and non-ferrous metal scrap like Copper scraps, stainless steel scrap, Alumumim scrap and Ingot."

Alumumim scrap...Hehe...that's why they bought the 110's!

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

Comment

• crankin
              5th Gear
              • Jul 2008

At first it doesn't seem like a bad deal. However, you will need to think about shipping from Singapore and customs here in the states. You can get two trucks into a container…so, you will have to get 10 people to go into buying the trucks and then get in with another person to purchase a container. A container from Singapore would be pretty pricey.

Someone will need to clean the underbody, drain the fluids, etc… and make sure that no mud, weeds, seeds, etc…are coming over here to the states.

You will certainly have to make sure that they are all 25 years or older....or they will be detained at port and will have to be brought to NAD specs to leave the lot ($$$). And there are only certain mechanics that have the blessing from the port authority to work on Defenders.

And last but not least, I am not sure how it will work but if 10 trucks come into port and ONE is detained, I would imagine that the whole shipment would be detained. I would suspect that the amount of red tape to get these cleared would be ridiculous. And by the time it is all said and done…$3500 has became $6500.

Now…after saying all that…it would be crazy neat to have a MINDEF vehicle. I would bet that these 10 people would be the only 10 in the states with one.

My 2¢.

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

Comment

• mike375
                Low Range
                • Oct 2009

Sorry for the yellow highlighted post - should have fixed that.

Comment

• amcordo
                  5th Gear
                  • Jun 2009

If you can haggle the guy down to a trade of email addresses he can talk about his uncle who is the king of Nigeria in exchange for one of the cars and shipping I'm in.

Comment

• greenmeanie
                    Overdrive
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by crankin

Someone will need to clean the underbody, drain the fluids, etc… and make sure that no mud, weeds, seeds, etc…are coming over here to the states.
                    Someone will need to clean the entire body but they don't have to drain fluids. General advice is to limit fuel in the tank to a couple of gallons but the rest is considered part of the vehicle.

Comment

• galen216
                      2nd Gear
                      • Nov 2006

If they are running vehicles no need for a container since RO-RO is a far better option pricewise.
                      74 SIII
                      96 Disco SE-7 5 Spd.

Comment

• Cutter
                        4th Gear
                        • Feb 2009

I see that advert every time, I wonder if that is per vehicle cost, or just a random number he put in. Cool trucks!

Comment

• thixon
                          5th Gear
                          • Jul 2007

Okay,

I have good friend in Singapore. I'm also heading there in September for the F1 race.

If anyone here is interested, I can ask my friend to check out the validity of the add. And just out of curiosity, how much does everyone here think an FFR would go for in the states? Isnt the 2.5 deisel kind of a dog?
                          Travis
                          '66 IIa 88

Comment

• gambrinus
                            1st Gear
                            • Jan 2007

A fair price for one of those trucks sitting in the U.S. would be in the $10 - $15K range. So, if everything is on the up and up, you could make a few$$. Buying a lot of 10, you'd have savings on shipping and customs if there were all on the same bill of lading. Good luck.

Rw

Comment

• mrdoiron
                              4th Gear
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by gambrinus
                              A fair price for one of those trucks sitting in the U.S. would be in the $10 - $15K range. So, if everything is on the up and up, you could make a few$$. Buying a lot of 10, you'd have savings on shipping and customs if there were all on the same bill of lading. Good luck.

Rw
                              I have a co-worker living in Singapore checking it out - let you know what he finds...
                              ---------------------------
                              1961 Ser IIa Hybrid Defender
                              1969 Ser IIa Bugeye
                              1980 Ser III Lightweight 24V RHD- sold
                              1988 LR90 turbo diesel RHD - currently frame off rebuild in progress
                              1998 Disco - ex wife :-(
                              2000 Disco - RIP , end over end 2.5 times
                              2010 RR Sport Supercharged

http://mikerovers.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Working...