PDA

View Full Version : 74 Series lll For Sale - SOLD

Jim Fain
05-25-2010, 01:33 PM
She is rock solid and mechanically sound (except the odometer which doesn't work). I've only used her during winter snow and ice about 8-10 times/year as NW Arkansas is pretty mild. Total mileage is very low, likely not above 50K.
I'm the second owner and have had the pleasure since 1996.
Needs cosmetic work but is a perfect daily driver especially for bad weather days.
Asking $5000.00
Contact Jim Fain at jwfain@earthlink.net

Jim Fain
05-30-2010, 11:30 AM
The frame has rust through on the driver's front outrigger but is still holding. The part of the frame the rear bumper attaches has significant rust but not rust through. The passenger footwell was repaired 2 years ago. Other than some rust on the passenger windshield post, I believe the truck is faring well for 36 years old. It really is an attention getter.
The leaf springs have rust but are working fine.
Arkansas doesn't salt the roads so the body has lasted.
There are no leaks showing on the parking lot.
I've put my attention since I've had her for 14 years on the mechanics. All mechanical systems are rock solid. The engine starts easily and will run smoothly all day (it sounds great). The oil use is no different today than it was in '96. Every 2 gas fill-ups, I check the oil and top it off. Once a year I have a mechanic drain the oil and replace with new along with lubing everything.
Since, I use the truck out in the country and mostly during the winter months, mileage/year is extraordinarily low ( less than 300miles). The odometer doesn't work. But, I haven't put much attention on cosmetics. The paint is OK (was repainted before I got her) but could be much better, The inside while functional could use a make-over with panels and vinyl (Rover's North has them, I think). The floor mats could be replaced, the interior could be painted, the lock on the driver's side is missing, a lens to the backup light is cracked but works. The rear window slides don't work. I'm sure there are other cosmetic wear and tear issues but all are easy to fix.
4 tires are in good shape (lots of tread) with the spare being good enough for a spare
The seats are all in good shape including the rear facing ones - charming in a Land Rover way.
Speaking of charming, It still has the handcrank for starting the truck if the battery should fail (like the old Model T).
I'm including a set of rear brake shoes, a backup starter, a towing ball (if I can find it) and the original mechanic's manual for the truck.
I just got a new 4 wheel drive truck, and that is why I'm selling.
She needs to be used to stay fit.
This is a perfectly priced truck for the right person.

W.D.
06-02-2010, 09:16 PM
WOULD CONSIDER $3500.00? THANKS W.D.

Jim Fain
06-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Thanks, W.D. but no. This truck is priced right.

Jim Fain
06-12-2010, 10:13 AM
I've edited and updated the details as I've learned more about the current condition. Please read them again.

Terrys
06-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks, W.D. but no. This truck is priced right.

Agreed.
Why do people even make silly offers without at least making the effort to look at the truck? I listed one for $3950, and while I have some wiggle room, a guy 500 miles away asks if I'd take $2500.

kevin-ct
06-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Agreed.
Why do people even make silly offers without at least making the effort to look at the truck? I listed one for $3950, and while I have some wiggle room, a guy 500 miles away asks if I'd take $2500.

Terry, would you take $8000? :D

Terrys
06-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Terry, would you take $8000? :D
Only if you let me make you breakfast.

Jim Fain
06-19-2010, 08:10 PM
I have a solid offer and a sale pending.

Jim Fain
06-29-2010, 08:43 AM
There is a new owner and a new member to the Land Rover Owner's group.