PDA

View Full Version : Positive camber on my P/S (LHD) tire

Wander
05-27-2010, 08:29 AM
I noticed I've got some positive camber and other than flattening springs or a spring hanger that is damaged what else should I look for?

Is this something I should take to an alignment shop for their specific tools and alignment gauges or is it something I can handle at home ? I haven't noticed any pulling when driving but I did hear the top of the tire scrub the wing when I was full lock to the right last weekend.

Linus Tremaine
05-27-2010, 09:44 AM
series land rovers have no adjustment for camber. The only thing that can cause change (other than something seriously bent) from factory spec is wear in the swivel pins- somthing that an alignment shop cant help with.

I think land rovers are supposed to have one or two degrees positive camber- should be in the green bible. Jack up your truck and wiggle the tire up and down while watching the swivel housing. See if your top pin is loose in its bushing.

Wander
05-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Thanks, I was thinking that it was something along these lines. I will have to measure the camber but I can see it pretty plainly when looking at the front from about 10 feet.