PDA

View Full Version : Moulded Matting System

rejeep
05-28-2010, 05:09 PM
any first hand experience with this system?
Looking to address the floors in my truck..

Anybody have an good advise on perhaps another product if not this?

SafeAirOne
05-29-2010, 03:43 PM

What's wrong with your floors?

rejeep
05-29-2010, 08:41 PM
nothing in need of repair..
just looking to throw a bit of sound and heat deadening on the floor..
Ive seen the regular rubber floor mats, and I saw this option..

from the lack of response I feel the price tag has priced it out of many peoples budget..

LaneRover
05-29-2010, 08:41 PM

Speak loudly but succinctly - don't forget to enunciate.

I have used cut down truck mudflaps for all sorts of stuff - including the footwells/floors.

thixon
05-29-2010, 09:09 PM

the people who have shucked out the bucks for this seem to like it. As far as the heat thing goes, it probably won't help that much, since it doesnt cover the tops of the footboxes or the center portion of the bulkhead. It does look cool, and is supposedly well made.

You could probably make something cheaper on your own using horse stall matting, mud flaps as suggested, or an number of other products.

mrdoiron
05-29-2010, 10:13 PM
nothing in need of repair..
just looking to throw a bit of sound and heat deadening on the floor..
If sound deadening is a goal, use some Dynamat, then cover with what ever look of floor covering you wish. Is a great product to deaden the tinny rattle, especially if adding a stereo, apply to inside of doors before adding door panels, and makes a big difference.

mike

HinFL
05-30-2010, 09:50 AM
I just installed the Exmoor Trim insulated floor mats, front and rear, in my "new" 1973 Series III 88. I purchased them from our host. They look good and reduce noise and heat to some extent. I considered the moulded matting system, but must admit that the pricetag got my attention! Hope whatever route you take helps your situation.

rejeep
06-16-2010, 01:52 PM
I bit the bullet..
once I recieve it I will post up some pics

amcordo
06-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Speak loudly but succinctly - don't forget to enunciate.

My kind of answer.

crankin
06-16-2010, 03:54 PM
I installed the molded system in my rig. It cuts down on the heat greatly. I am not so sure about the sound deadening of it. Its still loud in there. However, i think its quieter when i drive around with my roof off. Something makes me think that with the roof on all the sound has no where to go except in my ears.

Its HEAVY and thick! You can install it with the seat box in place...but its much easier to remove the seat box and make all the cuttings and attach seat rails and e-brake boot. I had to go to fastenal and get longer seat rail screws.

I had to trim the piece that goes around the gas pedal bracket and cut all the seat rail bolt holes, also had to cut the box openings out. I did only cut three sides, so that I could flip the one section up to access the fuel tank.

It does offer a cleaner, neater look truck IMO. A clean up is easy...just spray out with a hose and use a brush to get dirt up.

I have also installed dynomat with dynoliner on the roof and door panels. I didn't install it on the floors...but i am considering it.

But all in all...you will always have a loud truck.