PDA

View Full Version : Price check, 1974 88" Series III with overdrive, western Virginia

Jeff Ward
05-30-2010, 05:23 AM
Hi All,

I'm replacing my Series III with an '03 Discovery (I'm turning into a sissy), so will be selling at any time. Can you give me some price advice?

Build date is December 14, 1974, is right hand drive, 88 inch petrol, Marine Blue with stone colored top, overdrive, 95,000 miles, decent tires, starts runs, etc. just fine. The interior is decent, has rear folding seats on each side.

The top has the sliding windows on the side. I redid the felt strips a year ago. There is not any headliner or door panels. Dash is nice and original.

The worst thing about it is the frame has been patched on for rust, could use a bit more patching, but is usable as is. All the drivetrain works well, tranny or overdrive or something is a bit whiny, but I think that may be the nature of things. Not a scary sound, just whiny.

I've got books and records, Heritage Trust certificate, some extra parts and pieces. Records show this Rover was imported into US about 8 years ago, from Land Rover Centre Huddersfield, England. I've had it about 2 years.

If you could give me an idea of range, then I can fine tune my asking price. Sorry I don't have pictures now. It is our "airport courtesy car" for a grass landing strip we have about 50 miles from here. I can get photos in a couple days.

Thanks! Jeff

mongoswede
05-30-2010, 09:35 AM
If the bulkhead is solid and not in need of repair and the engine and drive train are in good condition...axle swivels pit free etc. Then probably worth between $3500 - $6500.

Hi All,

I'm replacing my Series III with an '03 Discovery (I'm turning into a sissy), so will be selling at any time. Can you give me some price advice?

Build date is December 14, 1974, is right hand drive, 88 inch petrol, Marine Blue with stone colored top, overdrive, 95,000 miles, decent tires, starts runs, etc. just fine. The interior is decent, has rear folding seats on each side.

The top has the sliding windows on the side. I redid the felt strips a year ago. There is not any headliner or door panels. Dash is nice and original.

The worst thing about it is the frame has been patched on for rust, could use a bit more patching, but is usable as is. All the drivetrain works well, tranny or overdrive or something is a bit whiny, but I think that may be the nature of things. Not a scary sound, just whiny.

I've got books and records, Heritage Trust certificate, some extra parts and pieces. Records show this Rover was imported into US about 8 years ago, from Land Rover Centre Huddersfield, England. I've had it about 2 years.

If you could give me an idea of range, then I can fine tune my asking price. Sorry I don't have pictures now. It is our "airport courtesy car" for a grass landing strip we have about 50 miles from here. I can get photos in a couple days.

Thanks! Jeff

Jeff Ward
05-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks, Mongoswede.

That range makes plenty of sense. I'll get photos and see if a new home can be found.

Jeff

gambrinus
05-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Running, with current tags... frame is "o.k." but could use a bit of work...

With no pix, I'd say $5k give or take a bit depending on how it really looks.

RW

Jeff Ward
05-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Running, with current tags... frame is "o.k." but could use a bit of work...

With no pix, I'd say $5k give or take a bit depending on how it really looks.

RW

I'll get some fresh photos and post. I appreciate the guidance very much.

Jeff