PDA

View Full Version : Rock sliders for IIa

SGS714
05-30-2010, 10:43 AM
I am considering sliders for the IIa I bought a couple weeks ago. With the price of body work or for replacement panels let alone the door frame this seems like cheap insurance looking towards the future. My experience prior to buying this truck are the 2 RRC's Ive owned and they have come into play on more than a few occasions. Though I live in the midwest and boulders are very scarce I find myself in wooded areas that require the protection.

Question is ... I don't see any avaiable from my extensive list of sources and any pros or cons you guy know of that I haven't considered?

Your toughts are appreciated, thanks.

SafeAirOne
05-30-2010, 10:54 AM
I am considering sliders for the IIa I bought a couple weeks ago. With the price of body work or for replacement panels let alone the door frame this seems like cheap insurance looking towards the future. My experience prior to buying this truck are the 2 RRC's Ive owned and they have come into play on more than a few occasions. Though I live in the midwest and boulders are very scarce I find myself in wooded areas that require the protection.

Question is ... I don't see any avaiable from my extensive list of sources and any pros or cons you guy know of that I haven't considered?

Your toughts are appreciated, thanks.

Ike (leafsprung) builds some pretty impressive ones. Check Pangolin 4x4 (http://www.pangolin4x4.com/pangolin4x4/products/sliders/sliders.html)

gambrinus
05-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Ike (leafsprung) builds some pretty impressive ones. Check Pangolin 4x4 (http://www.pangolin4x4.com/pangolin4x4/products/sliders/sliders.html)

+1 on the stuff from Ike. Amazing sliders as well as bumpers that will actually stand up to some pounding, unlike the stock bumper.

mrdoiron
05-30-2010, 01:25 PM
+1 on the stuff from Ike. Amazing sliders as well as bumpers that will actually stand up to some pounding, unlike the stock bumper.

I have Pangolin 4x4... pretty heavy duty, really pleased.

bpj911
05-30-2010, 03:32 PM
I have Ike's as well. I mostly wanted them for a bit of protection from a side impact. They are nice. All of ike's stuff is nice. Even Ike is nice. It's me that's an a-hole. :)

Jim-ME
05-30-2010, 04:08 PM
I am currently waiting for a pair of Ike's. IMHO they are worth waiting for.
Jim

SGS714
05-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Thank Guys i will call Ike on Tuesday...that is exctly what I was looking for and I know that I will end up with one of his bumpers also.

mrdoiron
05-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Thank Guys i will call Ike on Tuesday...that is exctly what I was looking for and I know that I will end up with one of his bumpers also.
Here's what they look like on mine

SGS714
04-27-2012, 12:33 AM
Well, 2 years later I finally got around to this and Ike is out of the slider biz. Bought the ones our host sells. Doing a transmission rebuild and have the seatbox and floors out and figure it will be much easier. So far I've learned to tap out anything galvinized. Learned this the hard way with a 1/2" broken bolt....that took an hour to fix and then I started again.

Les Parker
04-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Hello there,

Please advise on how the fitment went.

All the best :)

pgeorgeson
04-27-2012, 06:59 PM
I just made some for my IIa. Pictures below. I welcome comments and constructive criticism.

pvkd
05-13-2012, 09:53 AM
They look pretty good

east high
05-13-2012, 01:54 PM
I just made some for my IIa. Pictures below. I welcome comments and constructive criticism.

Those look great. It's hard to tell, but did you match the body lines on the rear of the sliders like you did in the front? How are they attached?

73series88
05-15-2012, 10:34 AM
I asked my wife for sliders for my birthday
And she said yes. I'm gonna car;(
I'm so happy
Aaron