PDA

View Full Version : 109 Tropical Top & Accessory Trade for Canvas Hoopset?

amcordo
06-02-2010, 05:30 AM
Thought I'd give it a try...

Anyone interested in a trade?

I give:

109 Tropical top in great mechanical condition, color rust-oleum almond with some chipping. No headliner (just ripped it out because it smelled). Haven't yet painted or otherwise cleaned up the area where the headliner was.
Rear station-wagon door with galvanized frame & tire mount
Rear side windows
You give:

109 hoopset with all parts
109 canvas (preferrably one that has windows, but I'm open).

LaneRover
06-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Is this for your station wagon? How are you dealing with the 'T' posts between the side doors? Do you have rear side doors that come apart?

I have seen at least 1 109 SW with a soft top so it can be done.

Brent

thixon
06-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Is this for your station wagon? How are you dealing with the 'T' posts between the side doors? Do you have rear side doors that come apart?

I have seen at least 1 109 SW with a soft top so it can be done.

Brent

I was gonna ask the same question.

Seems like I've seen one done as well. The guy fabed a cross bar to connect up the t posts if I remember right.

amcordo
06-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah I figured I'd just make something.

In any case, I don't know if I even want to change from a hard to soft top. Just wanted to gauge if anyone was interested in the trade in the first place.

Does anyone have a photo of a 109 wagon with the hard top on and all the window tops removed? I'm trying to imagine what it'll look like.

Tim Smith
06-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Hey, look what I found on the home page of ECR.
http://www.eastcoastrover.com/

Yeah it's a 110, but the theory should be sound enough.

TedW
06-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Limestone 5-door 109 with a canvas top - I pulled out my phone to take a pic but not in time - saw it twice over the weekend. Yes, it did have the four doors - and a tailgate.