PDA

View Full Version : New wire harness questions

bcourtney
06-05-2010, 02:22 PM
I have three things I can't figure out on my new harness.

First picture is blue with red tracer which should be dip beam. I already have one to the switch so not sure what this is. Not big enough for an indicator lamp.

Second and third picture is red with yellow tracer and black in a plug behind dash and plug and terminal ring on engine side of bulkhead. Can't find this combo anywhere on the electric diagram.

Also is there a reverse light circuit, don't see that either but I have green with black at both back corners but not sure where the switch wire would be

crankin
06-05-2010, 08:21 PM
I have three things I can't figure out on my new harness.

First picture is blue with red tracer which should be dip beam. I already have one to the switch so not sure what this is. Not big enough for an indicator lamp.

Second and third picture is red with yellow tracer and black in a plug behind dash and plug and terminal ring on engine side of bulkhead. Can't find this combo anywhere on the electric diagram.

Also is there a reverse light circuit, don't see that either but I have green with black at both back corners but not sure where the switch wire would be

What year are you dealing with and who made the harness?
I know with my SIII my harness had some extras (heated glass, rear fog likes, etc...)

siiirhd88
06-05-2010, 08:36 PM
The red with the yellow tracer was the rear fog lamp on my '80 SIII. The blue with red tracer for the dip beam is likely the power to the rear fog lamp switch, which would only be lit with the low beams on.

Green with black tracer is from the fuel gauge to the fuel sender. Could the harness be set up for dual tanks?

Bob

crankin
06-05-2010, 09:12 PM
The red with the yellow tracer was the rear fog lamp on my '80 SIII. The blue with red tracer for the dip beam is likely the power to the rear fog lamp switch, which would only be lit with the low beams on.

Green with black tracer is from the fuel gauge to the fuel sender. Could the harness be set up for dual tanks?

Bob

I meant rear fog "lights" on my post. My harness was also setup for dual tanks or rear tank....