• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnOFromJersey
    Low Range
    • Nov 2007

Wing top question

Hello all,

Quick wing question. I have a Late IIA ('70) that I had gotten aftermarket wing tops for. One of them has a "dimple" at the site of the top bolt where it attaches to the bulkhead (see photo). Anyone know if that was meant for a later model or for a different mounting bracket?? As it is, I worry that side is mounted slightly higher than the other side. Thoughts???

Thanks,

John O
  • crankin
    5th Gear
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by JohnOFromJersey
    Hello all,

Quick wing question. I have a Late IIA ('70) that I had gotten aftermarket wing tops for. One of them has a "dimple" at the site of the top bolt where it attaches to the bulkhead (see photo). Anyone know if that was meant for a later model or for a different mounting bracket?? As it is, I worry that side is mounted slightly higher than the other side. Thoughts???

Thanks,

John O
    I have seen these "dimples" on Stage 1's.

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

Comment

• JohnOFromJersey
      Low Range
      • Nov 2007

hmm - I suspected it might be a later style. I wonder if that style was meant to have a different mounting bracket. It does sit 1/8" higher at the bulkhead which I'm not too keen on. Kind of rubs the hood at the back. Maybe I'll just mod the existing braket to lower it a bit.

Thanks

JO

Comment

Working...