PDA

View Full Version : Wing top question

JohnOFromJersey
06-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Hello all,

Quick wing question. I have a Late IIA ('70) that I had gotten aftermarket wing tops for. One of them has a "dimple" at the site of the top bolt where it attaches to the bulkhead (see photo). Anyone know if that was meant for a later model or for a different mounting bracket?? As it is, I worry that side is mounted slightly higher than the other side. Thoughts???

Thanks,

John O

crankin
06-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Hello all,

Quick wing question. I have a Late IIA ('70) that I had gotten aftermarket wing tops for. One of them has a "dimple" at the site of the top bolt where it attaches to the bulkhead (see photo). Anyone know if that was meant for a later model or for a different mounting bracket?? As it is, I worry that side is mounted slightly higher than the other side. Thoughts???

Thanks,

John O

I have seen these "dimples" on Stage 1's.

JohnOFromJersey
06-06-2010, 02:59 PM
hmm - I suspected it might be a later style. I wonder if that style was meant to have a different mounting bracket. It does sit 1/8" higher at the bulkhead which I'm not too keen on. Kind of rubs the hood at the back. Maybe I'll just mod the existing braket to lower it a bit.

Thanks

JO