PDA

View Full Version : FS: '65 2A 88

Terrys
06-10-2010, 11:43 AM
I bought this one as a basket case. Since it was going to be a work truck for collecting sap for my sugarhouse, I did everything that it needed to make it mechanically reliable, but didn't spend any time on the cosmetics.
Replaced the rear crossmember with new, and the two tank outriggers. New fuel tank. All new brake lines, hoses and wheel cylinders. Shoes were great shape, so not replaced. All new exhaust system. All new lights, but Defender style, not original type. New wiring harness back aft. New manifold gasket and fixings. New fuel pump. New battery. Generator rebuilt. Replaced old starter with a good used one. 5 new tires on freshly repainted wheels.(wrong white, but they came that way and I wasn't going to bother repainting) New driver's side footwell, passenger side was repaired by a blacksmith, but as watertight as it was when new. All original elephant hide seats, including two rears in great shape, except for RF seat cushion. Cushion OK, just has a tear in the elephant hide. New cargo mat. Rebuilt original turn signal, new dip switch & wiring. Original guages, H2O temp tube had been cut. Tiny front seal leak, but truck goes and stops very well, Shifts fine. Smokes slightly on start-up, but not bad at all. Tiny waterpump leak, have new pump, but still in the box.Has Warn front hubs. LF wing top grody, but thanks to DaveB, have a good one coming, even the right color. Skin is good.
Good truck for someone who wants to putter on cosmetics but not mechanics. Needs to go to make room for a new S3 project. $3,950
Bloomfield, CT
PM me if you want to see it and take her out for a ride.
Forgot to mention, it has an S3 rear axle in it, but you can have the original if you want it. Also, the rear roadsprings are entirely rebuilt, with new bushings, as well as chassis bushings.

wrighthm
06-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi, I have tried to send you private messages, but nothing comes up in my sent box afterwards. I do have "save a copy to my sentbox" option checked. Anyway I was hoping to talk with you about your car. It is exactly what I am looking for. Either PM me or e-mail me your information. I would really love to talk with you about your car. (wrighthm@goldmail.etsu.edu)

Terrys
07-03-2010, 11:54 AM
SOLD. Thanks Mark.