X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wander
    2nd Gear
    • Jan 2010

Installing a new horn button

I took the center of my steering wheel off (early banjo style) to install my new horn button. I don't want to mess anything up so I thought I'd ask first. To get the button in I am going to have to take the center brass section off. It looks like I need to pry up the tabs a bit and slide the center a quarter turn to clear the tabs. Is that correct? The bible is pretty vague on the details of this and provides no diagram.
    64 IIa 88
    94 Discovery
    06 Toyota 4R (DD)

~Matt
    --------------------------------------------
    "Not all who wander are lost"~Tolkein
  • TeriAnn
    Overdrive
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Wander
    I took the center of my steering wheel off (early banjo style) to install my new horn button. I don't want to mess anything up so I thought I'd ask first. To get the button in I am going to have to take the center brass section off. It looks like I need to pry up the tabs a bit and slide the center a quarter turn to clear the tabs. Is that correct?
    That process worked for me then I recently refinished my centre button assembly.
    -

Teriann Wakeman_________
    Flagstaff, AZ.

1960 Land Rover Dormobile, owned since 1978

My Land Rover web site

Comment

• Wander
      2nd Gear
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TeriAnn
      That process worked for me then I recently refinished my centre button assembly.
      Thanks TeriAnn, that was the only way I could figure out and it's good to hear I am not about to break something that is impossible to find.
      64 IIa 88
      94 Discovery
      06 Toyota 4R (DD)

~Matt
      --------------------------------------------
      "Not all who wander are lost"~Tolkein

Comment

Working...