PDA

View Full Version : Installing a new horn button

Wander
06-12-2010, 09:52 PM
I took the center of my steering wheel off (early banjo style) to install my new horn button. I don't want to mess anything up so I thought I'd ask first. To get the button in I am going to have to take the center brass section off. It looks like I need to pry up the tabs a bit and slide the center a quarter turn to clear the tabs. Is that correct? The bible is pretty vague on the details of this and provides no diagram.

TeriAnn
06-12-2010, 10:06 PM
I took the center of my steering wheel off (early banjo style) to install my new horn button. I don't want to mess anything up so I thought I'd ask first. To get the button in I am going to have to take the center brass section off. It looks like I need to pry up the tabs a bit and slide the center a quarter turn to clear the tabs. Is that correct?

That process worked for me then I recently refinished my centre button assembly.

Wander
06-13-2010, 01:30 PM
That process worked for me then I recently refinished my centre button assembly.
Thanks TeriAnn, that was the only way I could figure out and it's good to hear I am not about to break something that is impossible to find.