PDA

View Full Version : Any idea what this is ???

mrdoiron
06-13-2010, 11:05 PM
This small metal plate (door, panel, cover ??) came with a box of parts when I originally picked up my 69, but I can't seem to figure out what it is - can anyone tell me ?

thanks

greenmeanie
06-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Its a rather complicated version of the cover/trim piece that goes on the top of the dash. The three cutouts clear the mounting screws for the instrument panel and the notch in the middle on the other edge clears the center of the windscreen or the bit between the two vents depending on how it fits up. All it really does is hides the heater hose as it runs along the top of the dash.

mrdoiron
06-14-2010, 07:05 AM
Its a rather complicated version of the cover/trim piece that goes on the top of the dash. The three cutouts clear the mounting screws for the instrument panel and the notch in the middle on the other edge clears the center of the windscreen or the bit between the two vents depending on how it fits up. All it really does is hides the heater hose as it runs along the top of the dash.
thanks alot, that was making me mad trying to figure it out.. safe to say it'll not be finding it's home back there in that position !

cheers, mike

scott
06-14-2010, 09:00 AM
greenie, i beg to differ, that is a piece of the roswell wreckage

Jim-ME
06-14-2010, 09:23 AM
I'll buy it PM me.
Jim

mrdoiron
06-14-2010, 09:26 AM
I'll buy it PM me.
Jim
Sorry,
Someone already PM'd me, so I offered it for free... other than shipping cost.

thanks, mike

mrdoiron
06-14-2010, 09:28 AM
greenie, i beg to differ, that is a piece of the roswell wreckage

what exactly is "roswell wreckage" ? lol

scott
06-14-2010, 11:55 AM
what exactly is "roswell wreckage" ? lol

it's a little known fact that aliens visited solihull in the early days of the land rover developement and stole technology and incorporated it into their space ships, then in the june of 1947 one of thier series one space ships crashed near roswell new mexico spredding what looked like bits of a rover all over

SafeAirOne
06-14-2010, 12:05 PM
it's a little known fact that aliens visited solihull in the early days of the land rover developement and stole technology and incorporated it into their space ships, then in the june of 1947 one of thier series one space ships crashed near roswell new mexico spredding what looked like bits of a rover all over

Guess that explains why flying saucers leak gear oil all over the place...

mrdoiron
06-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Guess that explains why flying saucers leak gear oil all over the place...
Clearer now...lol.

I also heard someone say that the British haven't yet got into large scale computer manufacturing... mainly because they haven't found a way to make them drip oil yet !

My friends at the Celtic Manor in S Wales are going to give me heat on that comment !

Wander
06-14-2010, 02:46 PM
It's not "leaking oil" it's a long term progressive oil change:thumb-up:

Is Celtic Manor near Swansea? My parents lived there for about 2 years. Their flat was right in the quay, I loved visiting there. We used to always drive out to worms head when I came over during college breaks.

mrdoiron
06-14-2010, 02:47 PM
It's not "leaking oil" it's a long term progressive oil change:thumb-up:

Is Celtic Manor near Swansea? My parents lived there for about 2 years. Their flat was right in the quay, I loved visiting there. We used to always drive out to worms head when I came over during college breaks.

That's the one... there's a great Indian Restaurant near there... Ko-i-nor or something like that...

cheers