PDA

View Full Version : RN Suspension Kits

poko
06-21-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm looking at purchasing the Old Man Emu standard duty suspension kit (shocks and coils) for my 1990 RRC, anybody out there have any experience with this one? Any other suggestions? I do mild to moderate off road, mostly on road, standard tires. My old springs and shocks are just plain worn out.
Thanks

joshua.mcguoirk
06-23-2010, 08:03 AM
I'm looking at purchasing the Old Man Emu standard duty suspension kit (shocks and coils) for my 1990 RRC, anybody out there have any experience with this one? Any other suggestions? I do mild to moderate off road, mostly on road, standard tires. My old springs and shocks are just plain worn out.
Thanks

I completed an upgrade using Heavy Duty OME springs and dampers on my '96 D1 nearly 5 years ago. Very similar install. I am very pleased with the results. Install went smoothly.

The hardest part of the job is removing the bottom nut on the front dampers. I used a LARGE pair of slip lock pliers to hold the damper as I removed the bolt 1/2 turn at a time.

I'd suggest purchasing the spring rubber isolators for the D2 to cut down on road noise and vibration. These will fit a RRC with no issues. RN Part Nos.: RND794, RND736

dcwhybrew
06-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Thanks

Then you dont want to use anything other than standard duty or medium duty springs. The medium duty springs may give you over an inch of lift above stock. Call RN to be sure. The heavy duty springs as described above will definitely give you 2" or more of lift. If you want to keep the car stock height, then use the standard duty springs.

Les Parker
06-25-2010, 08:15 AM
For the best on road ride, the Genuine springs with Bilstein shocks are hard to beat.
I would suggest this combination, possibly going with the Heavy duty kit (RNK5204) currently $679.00.