PDA

View Full Version : Spinoff Oil Questions

utahseries
06-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Alright, so.. I've installed a spinoff oil filter adapter on my 2.25, but I am missing some thing. My adapter has 1 hole, which you could thread the oil pressure light switch into.. But I also came into possession of a oil press/water temp smiths gauge which I would like to install as well. My brother's and dad's 88's have a interesting part that has a banjo fitting on the bottom end and the other end has a hole for the oil press warning light. The whole assembly is around 4-5 inches long.. Does anyone know what this part #is? Or even where I could get one?
Thanks

Jim-ME
06-26-2010, 02:00 PM
I would avoid a banjo like the plague. I used it on my 2.25 and my 2.5 and I can't stop it from leaking. Try https://www.holden.co.uk/default.asp. They have fittings that will permit you to use the single hole in your oil filter adapter and then connect up your warning light and a oil pressure gauge. All you need to know is the thread size of your oil pressure line and you'll be all set.
Jim

Lord Icon
06-26-2010, 05:22 PM
I just got mine in from out west. The one hole is the original design. I was told that if additional readings are needed just add a t to the hole. Seemed easy enough to me. I would like to have a pressure reading at all times. Dummy lights are just that... Hey ,... something is going on.... kinda...
Kris