PDA

View Full Version : Choke/Ignition Sw. bracket

printjunky
06-26-2010, 11:54 PM
Can anyone describe (or picture) for me, the half-ring clip that wraps around the steering wheel to hold the ignition switch/choke handle bracket? I can't find mine (or my fusebox cover), and I'll probably just fab something up so I can get the dash buttoned up tomorrow.

I have the basic idea. I get the slot for the tab on the bracket, and the bolt hole at the bottom for securing it. Is there anything else to it? I can't remember.

siiirhd88
06-27-2010, 09:33 AM
No, there is nothing more to it. Just the small flat area with the slot, the curved section to go around the column tube and the other small flat area at the bottom with the screw hole.

Bob

siiirhd88
06-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Oh, and without the fuse box cover in place it is easy to rip the knees of your pants and cut yourself..... and knock the fuse clips out of place.

Bob

printjunky
06-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Perfect Bob. Thanks again. Got 'er all made up from a little mild galvanized 3/4x12ga stock.

Now, where on the column exactly does it go? Basically I'm confused by that kind of "C" shaped springy clip that's clipped onto the column about 2" down from the turn signal stalk.

Either the bracket goes just up from that, or actually uses it to clamp to the column. Cannot for the life of me remember. I need to take better notes/photos. But then, I always intend to get right back to that task the next day when all of those memory cells are still in existence. Ha.

siiirhd88
06-27-2010, 06:46 PM
The exact positioning of the bracket is dependent on the plastic cover that surrounds the column and turn signal combination switch. You want the flat of the bracket around the ignition switch and choke to fit right behind the plastic cover.

You might have to fiddle with it a few times until you get it right. I think my trucks were missing the C clip thing....

Bob

printjunky
06-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Of course. Haven't gotten to making it "pretty" yet. Forgot about the cover.

For the record and posterity, here's the "c" clip around the steering column I was referring to.