PDA

View Full Version : master cylindar differences

feildpickedrover
07-01-2010, 03:07 AM
I just recently got my brakes working even a little bit and found that the master cylindar is leaking enough that i lose my fluid after a few short trips around the house, my question is this, what is the difference between the cb and cb masters? are they interchangeable? because i appear to have a cb brake master, but a cv clutch master, and in most cases ive found that the cv is cheaper, i would try rebuilding, but i dont trust myself to do it right.

amcordo
07-01-2010, 07:00 AM
I just recently got my brakes working even a little bit and found that the master cylindar is leaking enough that i lose my fluid after a few short trips around the house, my question is this, what is the difference between the cb and cb masters? are they interchangeable? because i appear to have a cb brake master, but a cv clutch master, and in most cases ive found that the cv is cheaper, i would try rebuilding, but i dont trust myself to do it right.

Not sure. BUT I can tell you that the pro series BMC I got from Rovers North is a pretty good machine. It's held up well over the half-year I've had it in.

gudjeon
07-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Compression Bore M/C has the big nut on the end. C/V is just a thinner casting with two pipes-no nut. C/B has a push rod protrude into the cylinder to create pressure and displacement of fluid. The seal stats stationary in the housing and the piston/pushrod moves in and out over the seal. The C/V type has the seals on the piston and all of it moves in the bore to create pressure. The C/V is similar to what we would think of as a traditional master cylinder. I have had both types and currently run a stock C/B on my daily '57. It works, just a different way of going at it.

One thing I do know, anything that is C/B is more expensive. A kit is cheap though.:thumb-up: