PDA

View Full Version : Kodiak Heater Repair

NelsAnderson
07-01-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm trying to improve the operation of my Kodiak Mark III heater and have a couple of questions I can't see to find answers for.

How do you route the cable that turns the hot water on and off? My routing seems poor, too many bends making the control overly stiff to the point where it's almost impossible to use.

On the intake there is a flap that opens and closes to let fresh air in. Mine seems to have remnants of foam on it that I imagine was used to seal the hole shut when closed. What exactly should be there? Can I just use some home insulation foam, or would the heat be a problem?

There should be a short hose that goes from the intake to the fender, but I don't have it. It looks like it should be 4" diameter, is that correct? What type of hose should it be exactly? I imagine it gets hot there so I won't want to put on something that could melt.

Thanks for any help.

scott
07-01-2010, 01:19 PM
i don't think it gets hot near the fresh air intake. it'd be less heat than you'd feel a couple inches in front of the radiator. my fresh air damper has nothing on it. it doesn't seem to matter that it's not air tigh when closed