PDA

View Full Version : Waxoyl tools help!!!!

PH4
07-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Ordered the waxoyl kit with two guns and get ready to hook up the guns to the air compressor and note A) the connectors on both guns are different and B) neither of the guns seems compatible with a standard air compressor. Would someone who has used these please clue me in on what I need to do to connect the gun to the compressor. Am I missing an adapter? Why are the connections to the two guns different and neither compatible with a standard compressor connection?

alaskajosh
07-05-2010, 01:13 PM
I think there are about 8 "standard" air connections. Assuming you have other air tools screw what ever air connector you use off of one of them onto your Waxoyl gun. If I remember my Waxoyl gun needed a 1/4" female pipe thread to air connection. I was lucky to have one on hand... otherwise it's a trip to the hardware store. There's a somewhat universal air chuck that fits several connectors. I've been converting my hoses to this style over time.
I couldn't say why one gun would be different than the other..??
Have fun Waxoyling! It's very satisfying doing something good for your vehicles! Let us know how it goes!

PH4
07-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Thank you. Was able to pull a connector off another device that worked on the Waxoyl gun. I have removed the 109 Middle Door window tracks after much pulling and grinding. Putting in stainless tracks from Rocky Mountain. Tons of rust had to cut out of the doors. Hopefully the Waxoyl will save what is left of the doors. Yes, very satisfying.