PDA

View Full Version : Second Act on Window Tracks(Rocky Mountain)

PH4
07-05-2010, 06:28 PM
I now have all the old window tracks out of the middle doors of the 109 SW. However, I had purchased the Rocky Mountain stainless steel tracks to do my middle doors. Would someone who has done this before please explain to me how you did it. The Rocky Mountain tracks are double and not single tracks so how do they work with the non-sliding forward portion of the window? The non-sliding window glass is taller than the sliding glass so you cannot put the double tracks on both top and bottom. I spoke to Rocky Mountain today and although they sell them and state they are for middle doors they have no idea how to install them but say people have purchased and used in middle windows (People at Rocky Mountain were/are very nice) and no one has ever asked them how to install. I may be the first person not to figure this out but please help. (By the way, they Rocky Mountain tracks were great on the rear sliding glass of my p/u top)

SafeAirOne
07-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Are both panes intended to slide with this setup (like on the RM front doortops)?

PH4
07-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Are both panes intended to slide with this setup (like on the RM front doortops)?

I doubt it. Should work in theory but for the larger front glass.

Daktari
08-24-2010, 07:13 PM
I am going through the same thing with the middle doors of my 109. (I just asked a window track question on the forums.) Can't see how to get the glass out and the track in. There's not much instruction for this anywhere. One site I found said to remove the door tops but on my 109 the middle door tops are welded on. Did you get this project completed?

siii8873
08-24-2010, 07:21 PM
The RM tracks are made for double sliding windows like back windows. I'm not sure but you might need to have a shorter front window to make these work on the front stationary window. The stationary window is wider top to bottom than the sliding one. Maybe a glass shop could shavethe window down or get a new one. I'm not real familiar with 109 5 doors so someone else will need to confirmmy assumptions.

bchene
08-24-2010, 10:08 PM
I went through this awhile ago. Used the original window as a template and had the local auto glass shop duplicate it, just about a half inch shorter. Worked great. Both windows cost 100 dollars (together) and worked great. The existing glass could not be cut or "shaved".