PDA

View Full Version : Speedo and voltage stabilizer

SeriesShorty
07-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Since the speedo is mechanical do I need to have a voltage stabilizer for it? FYI all other Rover gauges have been removed, only the original speedo remains.

Thanks,
Jen

I Leak Oil
07-13-2010, 11:00 AM
You shouldn't need the stabilizer if all that is left is the speedometer. You answered your own question by mentioning that the speedo is mechanical. I didn't check yet but did you ask this on DWEB? That should get some interesting responses!

SeriesShorty
07-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Ha! Dweb is down more often than it's up lately. I did ask a few questions about voltage stabilizers and thought I had my answer and was about to buy one. Then I realized that duh the speedo is mechanical and the bulb doesn't care if I'm putting the full voltage to it. Figured I'd just double check before I installed the new dash panel. Plus, my memory gets worse from age and from inhaling too many 90w fumes so sometimes I ask the same crap twice! LOL

Andrew IIA
07-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Plus, my memory gets worse from age and from inhaling too many 90w fumes so sometimes I ask the same crap twice! LOL

Ask twice, wrench once :thumb-up:

I Leak Oil
07-13-2010, 01:35 PM
.... my memory gets worse from age and from inhaling too many 90w fumes so sometimes I ask the same crap twice! LOL

Exactly....What were we talking about???????

Sounds like you're almost done with the rewire. Great job!