PDA

View Full Version : New to the Rover World

shawn88
07-15-2010, 10:56 PM
I just purchased my first Rover a few months ago, and I'm new to all of this. She is a 1960 Series 2 88 MOD. When I picked it up, it was already in pieces. I hope I can get her put back together correctly. If anybody has any good advise, I'm all ears.... Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52087427@N05/

mongoswede
07-15-2010, 11:16 PM
I just purchased my first Rover a few months ago, and I'm new to all of this. She is a 1960 Series 2 88 MOD. When I picked it up, it was already in pieces. I hope I can get her put back together correctly. If anybody has any good advise, I'm all ears.... Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52087427@N05/

Run...Run while you still can :D

In all seriousness....looks like you have a good project there. Lots of good solid rare parts such as a clean bulkhead etc...should make reassembly much easier.

ignotus
07-16-2010, 12:05 AM
Shawn,

Since it is all apart take the time now to soundproof the bulkhead, underside of the seatbase and floor panels. Put some inside the doors, underside of the bonnet/hood and do the roof.
Use good quality stuff like Dynamat. You will not regret it.

gene

stonefox
07-16-2010, 05:30 AM
Get a good divorce attorney!!!!!
Hopefully,you can convert her to the "Dark Side", before see throws your sh*t out on the street.
Good luck with both of them and welcome.:eek:

shawn88
07-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Thanks guys, I don't know if I should spend the money on the rover or put an Attorney on retainer. Well, either way sounds good to me..

SeriesShorty
07-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Welcome to the dark side. Looks like you have a great project on your hands. Have fun and remember..."never give up, never surrender!"

superpowerdave
07-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Looks like a fun project. I'm interested in what you're painting with as mine is in the same state of affairs at the moment.

shawn88
07-19-2010, 02:37 PM
I went to a local O'Reilly's auto parts store and purchased a self etching primer. We have been spraying with Husky gravity feed spray gun. I haven't picked out the paint yet, hoping that will be soon. I'm going to attempt to use a one stage enamel paint. The keyword there is attempt..

scott
07-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Get a good divorce attorney!!!!!
Hopefully,you can convert her to the "Dark Side", before see throws your sh*t out on the street.
Good luck with both of them and welcome.:eek:

ya don't need no stink'n lawyer...just save the pretty paint job for last...she'll leave ya way before ya get there and she'll think your 88 is ugly and worhtless so she won't want it