PDA

View Full Version : What to do first clutch or brake

chester rides again
07-21-2010, 09:41 AM
had a soft clutch, so i bled the line, black liquid came out - worn rubber from bad or old fluid. i'm replaceing all the rubbery parts and doing the brake lines too.

BUT - what to do first? brake components(master, flex hoses, cylinders) or clutch componets(master, slave, flex hose)?

printjunky
07-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Six in one, half-dozen in the other, as my father would say.

(Though brakes, if it's being driven, might address possible safety issues.)

ignotus
07-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Do them both at the same time. You only have to empty the resevior once. Less mess, less $.

gene

thixon
07-21-2010, 10:35 AM
X2 on both at same time. Get it over with.:D

chester rides again
07-21-2010, 11:12 AM
I am doing both systems. I was just wondering if in the process of changing everything out, is there a prefered order or do I just replace ALL the rubber parts on both the clutch and brakes and then bleed the system all at once. OR do i just do the clutch and bleed it and then do the brakes and bleed them. OR vice versa...

LaneRover
07-21-2010, 11:50 AM
I don't think it matters - especially if you have separate brake and clutch reservoirs.

siii8873
07-28-2010, 05:24 AM
I recently had to do my clutch hydraulic system. My fluid was also very dark. I think that in the maintenance manual it suggest changing the hydraulic fluids at some incrament of miles. I think if that were done it could extend the life span of the components.