PDA

View Full Version : I need a new Rover!

Surfzilla
07-22-2010, 09:59 AM
I have been checking out the eBay site, (My dad stole mine) I had a 1991 Range Rover Classic. (He sold it when i was in the hospital in new orleans last december) I am in need of another one, i like the 1993-1995 ones, with Round headlights, I like the LWB, and the air suspension, and a few more ideas, i have never seen one, with the intention of buying one, what is your thoughts on this, are the the same axels, transmission, etc as the 1991 is? Any thoughts?

http://www.thelakemartin.com/images/roverrightside.jpg

ccec
07-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Surfzilla,

I bought my '93 on eBay in 2001... I live on the West Coast and the truck came West Virginia. It was a gamble... the truck was a little more rusty than the PO said it was, but I chalked that discrepancy up to regional differences in what "rusty" means.

I am amazed how low RRC's are going. You CAN get a nice rig for under 5K these days. Look for clean runners with as little rust as possible. As little towing as possible, and regular maintenance.

My LWB had already been converted to coils. I would love to feel what the air springs feel like, but, alas, I have already removed the air block/manifold, and the air storage tank. That removed about 40 pounds in metal !!!

The LWB has awesome legroom, and makes the "sleep - in ability" possible. Besides, the extra room is good for storage behind the front seats.

Good Luck!:thumb-up:

ccec