PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to first Land Rover .......

gr8lite
08-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Looks like it'll be Wednesday!

Oh sorry , New guy here. Go easy on me. Always wanted a Land Rover, growing up, my Uncle ran a pile of Series rigs. Favorite place was riding in
"The 80" ! Played the BIG Jeep game for a number of years , no regrets. Starting to figure s*#t out! Buying a 95 Range Rover Country LWB ! I am very excited. Basically all stock , save the stock height coil set up. Just broken in at 120k.
Plans for its future are:
custom rear bumper w/ steps
Brush guard of some type ( I have a couple winches)
Roof rack full length
very good chance of a change up to 2" springs / shocks

Wish me Luck. Oh yea Thanks in advance for all the help !!
Woooooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!

ccec
08-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Well,

Do tell on the recent ownership !!!

--ccec

gr8lite
08-06-2010, 06:50 AM
Well quick update....... there has been a small delay . The rig had a lifter collapse during its "shake down" run after new front wheel bearings and abs sensors. So the new set of lifters and gaskets are due in today and with fingers crossed we will get her either tonight or tomorrow morning.
We are buying from a small repair shop / used car dealer locally. He has a sterling reputation. So I do not suspect anything fishy. I think its great that the lifter went while he had it. Price stays the same , new parts installed , no cost to me! Yaaaa, makes a good deal even better!
Thanks!

Outrovn
09-08-2010, 06:40 AM
Well after a month how is the new ownership treating you???

gr8lite
09-09-2010, 06:37 AM
Again sorry for the lack of updates.

Still , Still haven't taken possession yet ! The "tick" won't go away.......
So since this deal started.
1) replaced lifters noise still there
2) pulled heads, new guides, seals , locks noise still there
3) new mains & rod bearings noise still there
4) noise goes away
5) ready to take delivery noise comes back 1 month mark!
6) timing chain & gears
7) as we speak , new piston , pin , & rod
*) Hopefully ready for Fri !
The dealer who has it , IS GREAT! They have let us borrow a vehicle the entire time. They lent us a nice Saab convertible , now we have a 99 Range Rover. Price hasn't gone up. Great people.
Hopefully Fri we will have a vehicle I have lusted after for a long time!!!
Wish me luck!!

Outrovn
09-10-2010, 07:37 PM
:eek: geeezz you're gonna have a brand new engine if it stay there any longer!! Where is this rare dealer located? :thumb-up:

Jerry 92RR
09-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Sounds like the classic Classic catalytic converter problem. Mine has the "tick," but it was found years ago to be the matrix within the cat converter had broken apart. Sounds like it's in the engine but it's not. The broken piece jostles around a bit and will sometimes become wedged in a spot and it won't rattle. My money's on that.

Check that and you may find that's it got a whole bunch on new parts just for the heck of it.