Thread: 67 Series 2A 88 Diesel

Default 67 Series 2A 88 Diesel

I purchased it from the original owner approx. 4 years ago. The LR has been here in central California it whole life, therefore no significant rust. When I got it, it didn't run and I have not been able to get that far in the project. The previous owner told me drove it to where it was parked and hadn't driven it in years. I started the project with plans to restore but now life has taken me in a different direction. I have replaced wheel cylinders, brake linings, and rebuilt the axle seals and installed a new fuel tank. I have also replaced the water pump, hoses, thermostat, and rodded out the radiator. It has an overdrive and I upgraded the door latches to the lockable anti-burst type. I also have many more spare parts, to many to list.

I need help with a price, I was thinking about $9000

If you have questions, would like to see anything specific or would like a more comprehensive list of spare parts e-mail me at elks58@sbcglobal.net

Hope to hear from you

Thanks

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by 904man View Post
    I purchased it from the original owner approx. 4 years ago. The LR has been here in central California it whole life, therefore no significant rust. When I got it, it didn't run and I have not been able to get that far in the project. The previous owner told me drove it to where it was parked and hadn't driven it in years. I started the project with plans to restore but now life has taken me in a different direction. I have replaced wheel cylinders, brake linings, and rebuilt the axle seals and installed a new fuel tank. I have also replaced the water pump, hoses, thermostat, and rodded out the radiator. It has an overdrive and I upgraded the door latches to the lockable anti-burst type. I also have many more spare parts, to many to list.

I need help with a price, I was thinking about $9000

If you have questions, would like to see anything specific or would like a more comprehensive list of spare parts e-mail me at elks58@sbcglobal.net

Hope to hear from you

Thanks

Eric
    I have seen completely redone 88" rovers with new galvanized frames sell for $10000 to $15000. I have seen ones with stock or repaired frames in good condition sell in the $5000 to $8000.

If I were going to pay you $9000 for your rover I would expect it to have a super clean frame, no corrosion or rust in any of the body panels, and be a good clean driver that I could theoretically drive home.

My .02

Quote Originally Posted by 904man View Post
    When I got it, it didn't run and I have not been able to get that far in the project.
    So your saying it doesn't even run?

Quote Originally Posted by TriedStone View Post
    So your saying it doesn't even run?
    That's what I read into it as well. Even if running $9K might be a little much. Any rust on a series is significant because it usually doesn't get better with time.

And with all due respect to the seller, I LOVE the parking brake (The two red bricks around the wheel)

I don't know much about the price except that the previous posts might be closer than your guesstimate. I'm just commenting on the Rover idiosyncrasy. I love that stuff!

Default my 2 cents

I agree $9k is high. A running 109 wagon was posted on Craigslist Modesto a couple of months ago for $5k. Recently an 88 was posted locally, Arizona truck all of it's life. zero rust. less than 50 miles on a professionally rebuilt engine and tranny for $8,500. With all due respect, it sounds like this is a serious project.