Thread: ABS trouble code

Default ABS trouble code

My '00 disco ii throws a 1590 (maybe its 1509) code sometimes when I make a left turn and the abs/TC/Hill lights also come on.

I can't find that code anywhere in the lists of codes I can find. Not on the Robison list, not in the OBDII Land Rover library at Innova- nowhere. can anybody help?

I don't know what the code means, but I just went through my TC, ABS & Hill descent lights staying on with my 00 Disco II. I took it to a Rover specialty shop and it was the left ABS sensor. Apparently they are notorius for ABS problems. As my warranty expired it cost me about $380.00 for them to repair/replace the sensor.
    00 DISCO II

Default 3 amigos

after a bit more web searching and a call to LR. the 1590 code is a "rough road" code which could be the ABS sensors, a loose connection or an open circuit. Anyway I also found out the three lights (ABS/TC/Hill) are affectionately known as the 3 amigos and perhaps the most common nuisance known to the Disco II anyway.

I'll have to take a close look at my wheels ensors and connections when the weather turns warm